A Remote Temperature and Humidity (RTH) sensor paired with a Smart Node results in a clean aesthetic in your space while minimizing installation times. The RTH provides highly accurate temperature and humidity values from your space and the Smart Node reports these values to the CCU.
- Take all precautions normally taken when installing a thermostat (e.g. not in direct sunlight, not on an exterior wall, not near heat producing equipment)
- Disconnect power before installing. Never connect or disconnect wiring with power applied
- Do NOT run RTH harness next to line voltage
- Install in accordance with all State and local codes.
- Accurate Temperature
- Accurate Humidity
- Wireless communication to Central Control Unit (CCU)
Remote Temperature Sensor
- Operating Environment: 0°F – 122°F
- Max power consumption: 3.5VA
- Each Analog Out is capable of 20mA max
Mounting the Smart Node. To Mount the 75F Smart Node, first identify the primary damper in the zone. If there is only one damper, that is the primary damper. If there are two, pick the most accessible damper as you will need access to the Smart Node. Using the provided hex key bolts, screw the Smart Node to the damper side bracket cage nuts until snug.
Installing an RTH. To install the RTH, you will need a 1” hole saw. Determine where to ideally install the RTH. Also ensure the sensor will not be installed behind any objects such as picture frames, shelving units, equipment, etc. When these conditions are met, drill a 1” hole 5’ off the ground in the desired location. Drill the hole no lower than 4’6” and no higher than 5’6 if at all possible.
Installing an ITM. The Intelligent Temperature Mote is an alternate sensor with local control. To install the ITM you will drill a 1-1/4" hole 5' from the floor. Plug the 4Pin cable into the slot in the back of the mounting plate. Slide the ITM mounting plastic into the 1-1/4" hole. Tighten the toggle bolt to secure the mounting plate to the wall.
**For accurate performance ensure:
- There are no near heat producing devices
- That you are not on an exterior wall
- That the sensor will not be exposed to strong drafts or direct sunlight
Remote Temperature and Humidity Sensor (RTH) Harness. Both ends of the RTS harness are the same male connectors. Run one of the ends down the wall and feed through the 1” hole drilled previously. Plug into the RTH. Plug the other end into the RTS port on the Smart Node.
Intelligent Temperature Mote (ITM). The 4 Pin cable will be secured to the ITM mounting plastics. When the ITM is snapped onto the mount the pins will make connection. The other end of the 4 pin cable will be plugged into the RS485 port on the Smart Node.
Powering the Smart Node. To power the smart node run your 18/2AWG bus line to the Power IN on the Smart Node. All devices with a shared transformer must be the same polarity. If you have another Smart Node that needs to be powered, daisy chain them from Power OUT to the next Power IN. Secure your cables so there is no excessive strain on any connections.
Connect the Smart Damper(s). First connect the primary damper RJ45 lead to the Damper1 port on the Smart Node. Run the Cat5 extension cable from the Smart Node Damper2 port (Male end) to the RJ45 lead (Female end) on the secondary damper. Ensure all connections are tight and cables managed so no excess stress occurs on any connection.
Pair the Smart Node to a zone that has been preconfigured or create and configure a zone yourself through Setup > Floor Plan on the CCU.
Once power is supplied to the system and all Smart Nodes are displaying the default room.
- Disconnect the tablet from the CM and carry it with. Pairing will be performed using Bluetooth.
- On the RTH push the small “Pair” button for 2 seconds. This puts the Smart Node into advertising mode. Alternatively, you can press the right button on the Smart Node until you reach advertising mode.
- On the tablet choose the zone you wish to pair and press “Pair Module.” Pairing process will start. If no zones are displayed you will need to add all floors and rooms before pairing.
- The tablet will request a PIN. Enter the PIN displayed on the Smart Node in the zone you are pairing.
- Pairing process will take a few more seconds and then complete displaying “Success” on the screen. After a few more seconds the Smart Node will display the new zone name. The tablet will not display any zone data until it is reconnected to the CM where it will communicate over a 900Mhz channel.